Saturday, January 16, 2010

Harry Potter Moments

So today I have had twice had the feeling that I am living in the world of Harry Potter. Let me explain. I live in the apartment over the old stable in the back yard of our landlord's house. This morning I finally paid my deposit and first month's rent for the aprtment I'm living in. Yeah, it has been 8 days, apparently getting paid wasn't a top priority. Anyhoo, while meeting with our landlord, I asked her what our address would be. She told me, and then said just to put my name, care of her, etc... It made me think, I'll just have to tell people to address my mail to the apartment over the stable at such address. Kind of like in Harry Potter where his mail is addressed to the cupboard under the stairs.


Secondly, I went to a rugby match today. It reminded me of quidditch. A lot. Take a look at this picture and see if it doesn't fit exactly like the Harry Potter movies.


I'm telling you, scarves, bright colors, songs, goal posts, etc... I'm sure she got her ideas for quidditch from rugby, but whoa. I was in the book! Super fun though. Glad we went. Now I just need to watch about 50 more hours of the game to really know what the heck is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment