Monday, January 25, 2010

Trees

One of the things I noticed immediately when I got here was that the trees are cut very strangely. Here's what they look like:

Now why do you think they do this? Is it so the trees don't get too big? Is it a special kind of tree that doesn't grow without being trimmed this way? I'm not sure really, all I know is that it is very different seeing trees that are cut off at the base of the branches like this. There are also some really funky looking trees in the park, but I haven't taken pictures of those yet, so they'll be a later post.

While in class the other day though, I google mapped home and was showing the French students Lawrence and Overland Park, their comment? Wow, you have a lot of trees. I think it just looks that way because all of ours are big!

No comments:

Post a Comment