Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Black Boots

If you are a female, to be in fashion in France, apparently the necessary item of apparel is black boots. Take 100 females walking around the streets of Clermont. These people are going to class, work, play, etc...Mostly class, I'm sure, because we live in a very student-populated area, but approxmiately 94 of these 100 females are wearing black boots of some kind. Usually outside of their jeans, with the jean pants tucked in. Of the 6 not wearing black boots, probably 3 of those 6 are wearing brown ones. The other three? Probably foreigners who are wearing sneakers, slide on flats or a random other assortment of foot coverings.

Now don't get me wrong, these black boots are nowhere close to all being the same. Some of them are flats, some heels, some slouch, some tight. Some have buckles, some have designs. Look in the stores and there are so many to choose from it is amazing.

You might ask why I make this observation. Before I left the states, I was in search of black boots. I went to every store in the area and couldn't find ones I liked. There didn't seem to be that big of a selection. Here? Not the problem. The problem here is the price.

UPDATE: As I walked home for lunch I realized I might have exaggerated the percentages just a bit. But you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment