Sunday, January 24, 2010

Laundry

One of the things I'm not so fond of is our lack of a washing machine. It isn't a big deal, right now we are sitting at the laundromat waiting for our laundry to get finished, but I just paid 5.90 euro for a big load of laundry. That's like $9. It is ok because I haven't done laundry since I arrived, and really didn't need to do it yet, but it takes a lot more planning than normal laundry does at home. At home you can wash stuff while you are watching tv, or in class or whatever. Here, I have to sit in the laundromat, which is ok because they have internet. I have also done a pretty good job of washing the big stuff, like my jeans, and sweaters, in the sink at home and hanging them to dry. I only brought 4 pairs of jeans, so I have been rotating them. I don't wash my jeans every time I wear them anyway, and I usually don't dry them, so it is working out just fine. In short, just takes a bit more planning of what I'm going to wear every day and a little extra money to have clean clothes. I'm sure it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment