Monday, January 25, 2010

Loyalty Programs

Friday night some friends went out to one of our favorite Creperies in Clermont. We got there a bit early and they hadn't opened yet, so we went to a wine bar to have a drink. We walk in and the owner of a restaurant we ate at last week was there. He bought us a bottle of wine to start the night.
We made it to the Creperie, and after buying two pitchers ourselves (there were 9 of us, don't worry), the owner brought us over a half pitcher on the house.
Finally, we went to a bar we got to quite often and the owner there gave us beers half off.
It might sound like we get out a lot, which we do, but the amazing thing about people here is that they genuinely remember us. It is a small town and sure there aren't that many Americans, but the people here are super nice. In some way I guess it is kind of like a loyalty program to get us to keep coming back to their places. I'd say it is a program I quite like, but I keep telling myself not to get used to it. To boot, our landlord gave us some beignets (yummy donut like things) the other day, just for being around using the internet. I like these people...now if I could only talk to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment