Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TV

I was thinking the other day, when a friend from home asked me what is going on in French politics and in the news, that I really have no idea. Sad huh? Living in a country and not really knowing what is going on in the world around me. Well, here's my story and I'm sticking to it. We don't have tv. The only tv I have watched since leaving the States on Jan 5 is broadcasts of rugby games. Those don't provide much info on political situations or what is going on around the country. I check CNN.com every once in a while, but I use the International edition, so none of that is specifically France. I pick up the paper every morning at school because it is free, but surprise surprise, it is written in French. We all know where that is going...
I have though, been lucky enough to watch a few games of my beloved Jayhawks due to online streaming. I really didn't know this fancy thing was available, but boy am I glad it is. Most of the time. Except that Tennessee game I had to watch. And getting up at 3am to watch Missouri/KU and only getting 4 hours of sleep, but it was worth it. I'm surprised at how little, but also how much I miss just watching sports. Like with the news, I check ESPN.com every couple of days, but everything is over by the time I check scores. I guess it is a good thing we're not sitting in front of tvs here in this wonderful country we are living in, and I never really did at home either, the difference here is that I don't even have the option.

1 comment:

  1. We got rid of TV here! I'm excited except for 4pm on ESPN. Luckily Jeremy is just a few blocks away. I watch ATH there when I can :)

    ReplyDelete