Sunday, January 17, 2010

Smoking

So the stereotype exists that the French smoke a lot. Well, they do. I mean like chimneys, but, did you know that you can't smoke in restaurants and bars in France? I sure didn't, but boy am I glad it is the case. I was standing outside at the game yesterday though and kept having to hold my breath due to all the smoke. My body really wanted fresh air and was confused as to why being outside wasn't helping. The French haven't quite made it to the no smoking in stadiums yet, or if they have, the people at the top of the seats, and in the standing room only secions, ignore it, but I'd say the no smoking inside rule quite a stance for a country that supposedly smokes so much. The only problem with this said rule, which is the same problem that we have in the States, is that everytime we leave a bar or a restaurant, or want to go into one, there is a wall of smoke. Thankfully due to the fact that we have to walk everywhere, by the time we get home we have de-smokified, which is nice because I still haven't done laundry yet and it isn't cheap, so I'm holding off as long as possible. Don't worry, I'm not taking it to the extreme and wearing the same thing everyday, I just brought a lot of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment