Monday, January 18, 2010

The things I miss

So I have randomly missed certain things throughout this trip of course, but here are a few that came to mind today. 1. A dishwasher. 2. A garbage disposal. 3. Ice 4. M & M's 5. Peanut Butter. Quite an assortment huh? I'm sure you can decipher at what point I missed the first two. The third was after I went for a run (!), the fourth I miss all the time, even when I'm at home and here's the story on the fifth.

We were at the store today trying to buy a large jar of peanut butter. I guess that it doesn't exist in France, which spurred the debate as to why the French don't eat as much peanut butter. I know they have refined palates, but peanut butter! So good. And with nutella too. I mean come on.

I know there will be many more random things to miss as this adventure continues. I'll keep you updated.

Also, random food fact. Did you know the recipe for Coca-cola in France is different than in the US? They use real sugar. I only know because my roommates consume Coca-Cola like true Americans. I haven't had it since I got here.

1 comment:

  1. It must be in Mexico too because I was not happy with the Coca- Cola light there. :(

    ReplyDelete